Summer 2015 STEM Internships – This list should be a go to for anyone looking to obtain an internship for this coming summer. Some application deadline are as early as fall or winter so start looking early!
OnlineCollege is a site that publishes career resources for various fields. With respect to engineering, they offer resources and links to peer-reviewed open access journals, open courseware (free) online courses, inexpensive electronic textbooks, professional trade magazines, industry news websites, and professional licensure. You can check them out at:
Install Mathematica for Free on personally owned student machines by following the directions below to download from the Wolfram User Portal.
1. Create an account (New users only): Go to user.wolfram.com and click “Create Account”
2. Fill out form using a @ucsb.edu email, and click “Create Wolfram ID”
3. Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
4. Request the download and key: Fill out this form (https://user.wolfram.com/portal/requestAK/17ced05388ac6e3bda3120bc1b57136154136524) to request an Activation Key
5. Click the “Product Summary page” link to access your license. Click “Get Downloads” and select “Download” next to your platform
6. Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key at prompt
*For assistance with finding your MathID, please go here: http://support.wolfram.com/technotes/mathid.html.
Some useful articles from Chemical Engineering Progress: